View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:01 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
Sounds to me like your wife was being reasonable (cash, no visa), but I'm sure the conversation was very uncomfortable! Lol... I've been there!

I'll admit, sometimes it's very hard to justify a major purchase to someone who doesn't have the same understanding. Granted, you don't need an expensive Apex, but it will make reefkeeping that much more automated for you.

Now I just need to work up the courage to talk to my wife about the chiller the tank will be needing soon, lol!
Just bought a 11 dollar fan from Canadian tire yesterday for the tank...cheap and the best part was that the wife grabbed it for me. Its much easier to explain the 11 bucks rather the 400. Matter of fact, get 2, I control them using my profilux and once the temperature reach certain number it will turn them on automatically. I have found this more useful than a chiller in the house. The damn thing produces a lot of heat while it's running making your room itself into a sauna. If the temperature gets over 30 in the tank even with the fans than I would rather get a portable ac unit. I don't think most wives would complain about that. You might even get some brownie points. Lol

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013