View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 01:07 AM

Taipan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up A Rare and Oddball Fish Kind of Week in the Toronto Area.....

I've been privileged and fortunate enough to help a couple of the LFS in the area unpacking and acclimating their livestock this week. We're exceptionally spoiled in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with so many rarities and oddballs. I thought I'd share some pictures with fellow CanReef Members for future reference and posterity. Some of these fish I have not seen in person until now. Some I have not seen in several years. Others have what I consider superior colouration or markings that are sought after.

I am hoping that there aren't any issues with this post from Sponsors. The purpose of this post is NOT to solicit but for reference. I have purposely not disclosed store names and/or pricing. It also should be mentioned that these particular LFS do not ship and I'm sure by the time this post is uploaded; these rarities will have been sold. I am also confident that the Sponsors here will be able to come across these oddballs and rarities from time to time as well.

Enjoy the List and Eye Candy:

Hybrid Achilles Tang (Show Size/Specimen and accompanying Smaller Version) = Acanthurus achilles x Acanthurus nigricans

How Cute is this?

Achilles Tang with a HUGE Achilles Tail Spot:

A solid gold Crosshatch Trigger with what I consider exceptionally bright markings across the cheek and tail

A Golden Back Trigger (Xanthichthys caeruleolineatus) that isn't a ginormous monstrosity. Notice the bright symmetrical stripe along the side and colouration of the tail and area along the pectoral fins.

It swam up to me and allowed me to literally pet it this afternoon as I was hand feeding it!

More pics to come......