View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 11:49 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I make my own at home from Cooper's concentrate kits. Another good reason to have an RO system & a CO2 tank.

What's the beef with micro breweries? They generally abide by the German purity law of 1516, restricting ingredients & no funky additives. Okanagan Spring brewery is my go to label when I run out of home brew. Most if not all their beer follows the 1516 law, they even have a beer named 1516. Besides that, it's a local Vernon brewery & I like to support my local businesses. It was one of the early entries in the craft brewing industry in BC. Sold to Sleeman of Ontario years ago which is now owned by Sapporo, Japan! Fortunately the new corporate owners have left things alone with regard to the actual brews produced here.

Belgian beer is pretty good as well. When I lived in Ottawa my local pub the Royal Oak had a good selection of Stella Artois on hand. During my years in Europe, I had the opportunity to visit the Stella brewery in Liege. Most European brews, including the Dutch are generally pretty good, trouble is, you need to be in the country to get the really good stuff. Most of the beer they export, like Heineken, has preservatives since they don't want to take a chance of it spoiling due to lengthy shipping & storage.

Last edited by mike31154; 05-16-2015 at 11:54 PM.