View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 10:08 PM

garwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
Also fwiw , gha is not a phase that you have to go through its certainly not a guarantee regardless of the type of rock you use so at the point of gha you should be asking yourself what's missing here? It all comes down to access to nutrients .......who has access to them first and what they do with them and what I or you can do to use this to my advantage

Manipulating how nutrients are used and exported can be one of the most useful tools in keeping a healthy reef be it to keep away pest algaes or to overall improve animal health.
I thought that just as diatoms is one stage, that gha came next in succession but should fade in time. And to think i was happy to see the diatoms (finally something happening). If the gha is hogging all nutrients (like nitrate) im worried that any anaerobic bacteria wont have a chance to grow and that nitrates would always be avail to gha first and therefore the gha support it self in an on going cycle. I dont know where the nutrients are coming from, it was happening even before the cuc.

Last edited by garwood; 05-01-2015 at 10:15 PM.