View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 05:16 AM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Long awaited update:

It's been almost two months since the tank is up. I've had some trouble with the skimmer and redid the plumbing (pipe was blocking) to raise the skimmer's water level. Now the BM Curve 9 is producing like it's supposed to, not overflow like a rabid coyote.

As for flow, I had been using two RW-15s and also tried two MP40s on the other side, but it didn't achieve what was needed, so I procured two Gyre 150s, one of each end. Still playing with the flow rate to see what the corals like the most and also pushing the maximum waste into the overflow on one side.

Besides the fish that I used to have, I picked up 3 more fishes from Albert last week (and 3 more in QT now, a jawfish and a pair of gobies).

So far so good. I'm going to order a Jebao doser soon and will start my dosing regiment when it gets here.

Bo and Quessie, Onyx clownfish from Mindy (Myka). I put them in timeout QT when Bo, the male, was mixing it up with the snowflake female Tofu. Just released them back into the DT near the RBTA, now they're being hosted, and all is well. (I had to shoo Tofu numerous times back into her own anemone using my stern finger wagging... I can't believe it worked lol.

Here are Tofu (female on the left) and Sesame, comfortably in their sebae anemone.

Siri, the coral beauty. I think it got bullied as you can see the discolouration on her body and the chip in the fin. I haven't seen the aggressor since I've been at work most of the days, hopefully they'll work things out. She's extremely beautiful, I have never seen one with such great orange colour.

Shire the orange shoulder tang. Still a juvie. I love this guy! Looking forward to seeing his colour transformation

The old favourite, Blue Rain the hippo tang. He's ich free and much happier now, swims like a spaz.

Chairman, the lemon peel mimic tang. A very gentle fish.

End shot. Hope to add some SPS on the rock if the RBTA allows

FTS: (please excuse the ghetto screen top, they are unfinished aesthetically, wife is in Europe and I don't trust my DIY skills they do function though).

Brian