View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 12:43 AM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
This is from the Zeowebsite:

"Finally, in order to effectively use zeovit you need to run your system as close to natural seawater levels as possible. This mean an alkalinity of 6.5-7.5 dKh, Calcium 410-430 mg, Magnesium 1250-1300 mg, Salinity 33-35 ppt and Potassium (K+) 380-400 mg. Therefore the salt you choose is very important, you want something with a low alkalinity, high potassium and good Calcium levels."

H2Ocean parameters:

Good to know, I was doing daily water changes with this salt and i was wondering why my tank was only consuming 6 ml or so of calc and alk. I had switched the daily waterchange to my smaller tank and my large tank was dropping alk quick, like .5 DKH per day and i didnt notice till i was at 5.9 DKH. Ive been sowly bringing it up with more dosing, now at 30ml/day and raising .25 DKH or so each day.

Water change today, from 6.16 to 6.6 with 10G change. As long as i adjust my dosing and make sure i change similar amounts of water and check alk before water change i should be able to keep it steady for the rest of this salt. Although it may be more cost effective to dose more salt than chemicals or maybe steadier water parameters using the salt as a measured dose?...