View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 12:10 AM

Skimmin is on a distinguished road

I run a dct 12000 in my tank and its super quiet. If you bought it new take it back. If not... take it apart. My peninsula divides my living room and dining room so I also specifically concentrated on finding a quiet return pump. Mine has been running at 100% since Nov now with no issues and I find its exceptionally quiet. I did also buy another one as a back up because I dont have a lot of faith in the Jebao stuff yet... But no issues to speak of so far. I also run two of the rw 20 powerheads and also bought two spares. All four powerheads and both pumps still cost me less than what just two of of the premium powerheads would have cost me. So that was part of the reason too.
300 Gal 6x3x28 high Starphire peninsula w/external herbie/bean animal hybrid +150 Gal custom sump with 30gal fuge section, (both built by Concept Aquariums Calgary), 3x Ecotech Radion xr30w g2's(soon to be G3 Pros), Jebao DCT 12000 return pump, 2x Jebao RW 20 powerheads, Tunze Ato, Vertex ro/di, Reef Octopus Ext 200 skimmer run internally.