View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 07:29 PM

seabreeze is on a distinguished road

I notice you are wanting specifically a RBTA.

My advice... unless you have a big enough tank to do what Thomas does... DO NOT DO IT

BTAs like rockwork and prefer to be higher up towards the lighting. And this unfortunately is also where your SPS love to hang out.

I once had a RBTA which became 2... 2 became 4... 4 became 8 ...and they kept on splitting. I had over 20 in my tank at one time! And they are suckers to get off the liverock as they bury their feet into the tiniest, deepest crevices.

Was a great little income source as the LFS was happy to take they from me... but they will move to where THEY want to go, and they will kill your SPS if you plan on having those also.

Besides that... only certain clowns will host in a BTA. Some will only host in long tentacle anemones... others in carpets... and so on.

Another issue... the BTAs will cover A LOT OF SPACE when they decide to expand their tenctacles rather than keep them as bubbles... they will even appear to look like LTA's. Their reach can be very far... so you will not want other corals near them.

As for the 'red color'... I do have that in my tank from SPS and several of my LPS.

I have a mixed reef and I would never want to take the chance with a BTA my thoughts