View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:45 AM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwithareefer View Post
It has been three days since starting the ozone and without a doubt, it has made quite the difference. I thought my tank water was pretty "clean", but I can now say it must have been quite yellow. I still have what I think is too many particulates floating around the DT, but the clarity of the water is fantastic.

Colours are much more vivid and corals are more open.
There does not appear to be any negative affects so far. The ORP is hovering around 320! While the PH has dropped to 8.0 from 8.1

I did have some diatoms in the substrate and rocks before the ozone, that seems to have receded by about 60%, this goes for the algae that was caking the glass as well.

The only issue I have now is determining if it was just the ozone or that I lifted up my halide fixture another 2" from top of tank. I also had my daughters 20 gal Seahorse tank connected to the main system. I convinced her to do away with them and turn it into a reef, as she did not clean it properly and I believe that may have been the cause of high nutrients feeding the DT algae.

Hmmmm, Maybe sniffing the ozone will make me smarter and I will learn to do one thing at a time to figure out what changes I do, make what differences....
what is your ORP normally, i only ask because im wondering if my probe is off, mine is unsually around 440 and drops whenever i muck up the tank or dose certain stuffs, but always makes its way back up.. although my tank is new..