View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 08:42 PM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Well put. The reason I favour full frame over cropped is two-fold: shallower depth of field and better ISO performance. For me, that's worth the price difference.

With the emergence of the Fuji X100T, the X100S can be had for a relatively low price on the used market. The Fuji gave me what I wanted: a compact, discrete camera that rivals, if not betters DSLR image quality. I took the Fuji on our honeymoon last year and I did not feel crippled in any way, and took some fantastic photos while not being encumbered by a heavy DSLR.

Macro-wise, it is acceptable. The shutter lag of course is the one disadvantage but it really isn't that bad once you get used to it.

Another good camera I have had experience with is the Olympus OM. More flexibility than the Fuji but a bit more bulky and I daresay the Fuji has better IQ.

Another thing people often miss is the importance of a good tripod. Instead of spending all the budget on body/lenses/etc., a nice tripod can do so much more for photography. Definitely a worthwhile investment and the technology never goes out of place, unlike cameras and to a lesser extent, lenses.

Brian