View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 05:05 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

10 weeks in, and tank continues to do well. Diatoms disappear, then reappear. All parameters continue to be fine.

Temp : 78
Salinity : 1.025
pH : 8.13 - 8.22
dkH : 7.0
Ca : 415
Mg : 1335
NH4 : 0
NO2 : 0
NO3 : 0
PO4 : 0

Been checking dkH, Ca and Mg every 2 days to try to figure out how much I need to dose with the Libra. Since I don't have many corals yet they seem to not be consuming it as much as I thought.
May just continue dosing manually until I add more frags... which I am hoping will be soon!

Split a BRS bulk order with Rich and I'm pretty impressed with how clean their additives mix up. Here's a shot with the newly mixed chems in the Vertex 1.5L dosing vessels courtesy of tang daddy.

Haven't hidden the UV's wires yet because I'm not sure if I'm going to continue to use it. Some of you may call this setup clean, but I consider it a total mess, lol! That's OCD for you!
Skimmer is working good, and I am also running filter floss in the sump for larger particulates.
Still need to add a countertop on the stand. Somehow this got pushed back after I started adding livestock.

Made the trip out to Oceanic today and picked up a few goodies. A Strawberry Top and 6 Trochus snails, making a b-line for the algae. The tank looks better already!
Strawberry snail has lots of coralline on its shell, hoping this adds some colour to the rocks soon! Once it does I'll add an Urchin.

Also 2 Serpent stars, and a bonded pair of Orange Spot Gobies, one of which can be seen here.

Frogspawn is doing well and the Hammer is sprouting 2 new heads.

The second Goby wasted no time in making a burrow under the rockwork. Took him about 5 mins! That's his head sticking out on the right.
Haven't named them yet, that's the Wife's job.

Looking for some juvenile designer clowns, locally for now. Kraken has some nice and affordable ones, but I'm not too keen on shipping yet.

Thanks for looking.