View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 03:01 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

What else is going on in your tank? Are you sure it is flow that is your problem? If you've neglected it, how are parameters? What have you tested (with which brand test kits)?

You don't need more pumps for this tank - that would be the last thing I would do. You already have a giant Wavebox in a 4' tank along with two powerheads. Aesthetically, I'd try to hide the powerheads are well as possible. I love Waveboxes, but man they are ugly.

Do you have a controller for the 6055 pumps? If you have pumps facing each other like yours do, they really should be on a controller so that they run opposite of each other (one's on, the other's off) so that they don't work against each other.

Since you have the Wavebox in there, you really just need the 6055 pumps to help with dead spots, and maybe increase velocity near SPS corals. I'd be inclined to move both 6055 pumps behind the rocks on the right side. One near the corner of the tank pointed towards the surface and the front. The other closer to the gap between the rocks down low and pointed towards the front left of the tank so the flow is going through the valley you've made in the rocks. This way you should see neither of these powerheads and you shouldn't need a controller to achieve good flow - if you do buy a controller, set it to a pulse or ramping up and down setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post
The Gyre is really tempting. But, I think I'm going to wait a generation or two until they get some of the initial bumps smoothed out so it's out of the question for now.
You think like me.

SPS fanatic.