View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 09:42 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Full Apex here.
1. Turns the lights on and off according to a schedule and also if the tank gets too warm.
2. Shuts the return pump off if there is a flood or if the water level within the display tank raises too high.
3. Turns cooling fan and heater on and off as required to keep the temperature relatively steady (I need another cooling fan).
4. With a couple float switches and a maxi-jet pump it is my ATO.
5. Turns a solenoid on and off twice a week to replenish the evaporation top off RO/DI water reservoir.
6. Controls the flow pattern of two Tunzes.
7. Turns a CO2 solenoid on and off to maintain a steady pH in the Calcium Reactor.
8. Turns the mixing pump on and off for the Kalkwasser Reactor several times a day.
9. Sounds an alarm or sends me a text/email if one of the pH readings isn't right, or if the tank is too warm, or if its flooding etc.
10. Allows me to shut anything off or turn anything on from an internet connection.
11. Enables me to shut the pumps or skimmer down for a few minutes during feeding or maintenance at the touch of a button, then starts those back up again automatically.

All this within one handy handy controller for a modest cost... as opposed to having 10 or more individual devices that are not cross integrated. On the downside I do have 'all of my eggs in one basket', but after 5(?) years of operation I have have only had one problem and it was my own fault for getting the module wet.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour