View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 04:40 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin View Post
I called the canada agricultural food inspection agency who are in charge of regulating pet imports and the worman I spoke to said there is no issue at all for bringing in hobiest coral. I was quite surprised and asked if there were any restrictions and she said no. Litterally told me no issues at all with coral.
Here's my interpretation. There are no issues bringing back corals and clams (unless they are on CITES). The person you were talking to assumed your animals are not on CITES. Did you specifically tell her that you are importing animals on CITES list (stony corals and Tridacna clams) and did she say yes, you can import any coral and clam on the CITES list without restriction?

From the Importation of Pet Aquatic Animals link that I posted above:

"It is the importer's/owner's responsibility to determine whether the species being imported is subject to the controls imposed by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), which are administered by the Canadian Wildlife Service. Please contact the Canadian Wildlife Service for information."

So contact the Canadian Wildlife Service and tell them you are bringing back animals on CITES. Then post back with their response.

Last edited by Samw; 03-03-2015 at 04:49 PM.