View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 03:45 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I know of a guy that stole fish out of an acclimating bin at the LFS while the manager was helping a customer. This kind of stuff happens all the time!
It's a sad fact but it happens , we had cameras installed in the store simply because we knew people were taking things , asking staff to go out back for items they knew weren't out front and then putting things in their pockets , we had an idea who but can't call someone out without proof so now we have film if it were to happen again

When we did the fragfest thing in sept we had a friend of mine (works with law enforcement ) check receipts and bags as People were going out the door , we had around 400 people in and around the store and only 5 employees. It's sad that trust becomes so much of an issue that when you host something that's supposed to be a benefit to the community that a very small few decide to ruin it for everyone , the reason we had someone check the bags was during the previous boxing day sale we were missing a lot of sps frags and smalerr dry goods , so basically people we dipping in and putting frags in there pocket or just grabbing an item and walking out the door.

I'm sure it's 1 in a 100 but sure sucks that you can't host an event without some kind of babysitting or security

Hope you guys get it all sorted out I do also like to think maybe a mistake but my own experiences say it prop was taken as those who watch the stuff are busy chatting and it only takes one bad apple