View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 03:02 PM

sdeschutter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Keep in mind that when you finish the TT method with the fish, your tank will still have ick in it.
You usually should keep your DT empty for 8 weeks. Otherwise there is a big chance that your fish could be re infected.
I read that you have to keep your DT fallow for 10 weeks. Apparently ich has a life cycle of 72 days, so that's what I will do. I have a 33 gallon sitting around so once the fish have finished their treatment I'll set that 33 up and put them all in there until the 72 day follow has come to an end.

Quote:
Good choice....but why 6 transfers instead of 4?
I will have to do a minimum of five transfers. The reason is, it's probably gonna take me a day to two days to catch all my fish out of my DT. I caught two yesterday but still have three more. I set up a bottle trap. It works good but you have to be patient. So right now I have two fish sitting in a 15 gallon tank once I catch the other three either today or tomorrow then I'll start my TT. So I guess I was think I may as well do a total of six. Besides I read that some do six even though 4 seems to work. You never know I may change my mind as I get to the tail end of the treatment.