View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 12:59 PM

sdeschutter is on a distinguished road

So what do you suggest for test kits. I already have my calcium magnesium and phosphate test kit but it's an API one. Seachem? The hippo tang seems to be actually doing better the white spots are less, but one of my other fish does have one or two spots on him now. I haven't really had the time yet to set up my hospital tank I'll do it today. I think I'm just going to go us the copper treatment it seems to be the way that has the least amount of work. I was reading that only Seachem ammonia test kits work in a copper treatment tank. Is that true? Can I use my API ammonia tester?

Apparently my biggest concern with the hospital tank with copper is keeping the ammonia down. So once I get the tank set up and I get my little penguin filter running I'm going to put a piece of live rock in the filter to start the bacterial filter. Think that's a good idea? Any suggestions on how to keep my Monias down? How much water should I change? How often? I know I have to be trying to get all the poop and uneaten food as I do a water change but should I do one every three days or two days? what is a good routine?

Thanks for all your input!