View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 06:29 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Hey all its been a while.....

So made a few changes to the setup as of late with a few more to come. I ditched using GFO and went back to the bio pellets as well as added an algae scrubber to hopefully get my phos down to exceptable levels. I purchased a Mars Hydro 300w LED for the scrubber on Ebay and man that thing is BRIGHT but I am thinking I should put it on a timer to control the light so its not on 24/7. If anyone has an algae scrubber please chime in with what you got going.

Also after several yrs of service I noticed that my DIY LED's where having issues and with Modular LED no longer existing I decided to replace them with Radion G3's.

So I will have the auto water change & top off system installed after I get an RO unit purchased. Now I can here most of you know...."YOU DON'T HAVE AN RO UNIT YET!!!" Well in fact yes I do but its for the whole house to clean the well water which is horrific. The only reason I am adding an small RO unit is just to make sure that my water is as good as it gets beside on the plus side my filters, membrane & DI should last a hell of a long time.

More updates and some pics some.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build