View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 04:06 PM

sdeschutter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In regards to your other comments, is this your first reef tank? For a tank that's only 6 weeks old, you have a lot of fish in there already. IMO, you're probably moving a bit too fast. Did you use 100% live rock or did you use dry rock too? Dry rock is not equal to live rock. What brand of test kits are you using to test the tank? Are you using a refractometer or hydrometer for testing salinity? What are the actual numbers you've tested? "Parameters are good" is a bit vague. Just trying to make sure you're on the right track, regardless of the Hippo Tang situation.
No it's no my first reef tank. I never got to the point of sps, but had lps. I had one about 7 years ago, but moved and you know how it goes. Yes I have 100% live rock and a 2 " sand bed, with a sump. My tank cycled in like 3 weeks before the nitrates were at like 0, then I added inverts. Then a couple fish and so on. I use API test kits and a refractometer. I've tested everything with regards to fish. Ph 8.3, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate 5 ppm or less. Salinity 1.025, temp 81. I have a vertex in 100 skimmer and that's it.

As for the UV it seems that there are some reefers that use one in the display reef tank and there are others that are dead set against it on a reef system. Should I use a UV on my display tank? Again my goal is a nice Sps tank.

Btw I'll start setting up my tank transfer set up today.