View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 02:05 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
I don't even care if people have their own kits. As long as they don't expect a free ride at the LFS. The LFS owner is paying for the supplies as well as the time it takes for their employee to do the test and analyze the results.

I think my LFS is something like $2 a test.
We entertaind the idea of charging $2 a test ...even posted the sign for a day but we decided we will do it for free but people have to wait until the next day to get their results , which i think its fair as we are often quite busy, I test water at the end of the work day when customers aren't around and it's quiet with more time i then email the results and what I find wrong or how to fix etc.

I have had customers bring me there water up to three times a week lol

For me to do a proper test , and discuss the issues or remedies can take quite some time , especially for a newer reefer and when a guy or girl is standing in line and has to wait for 20mins to buy his frozen food or heater while the lfs employee is testing someones water is kinda frustrating to the others waiting.

It's hard to please everyone but since it's a free service I think it's worked great .
I do push for people to buy their own kits and I always tell People what I think of a certain test or product........I'll flat out say its junk or bottom of the barrel if I feel this is true lol