View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 07:03 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Just read this. Ouch.

Kudos to you for your attitude, I think I would be the same way - I generally value relationships over things as well, but still would be majorly bummed about it.
To put it in context, the mother of the child in question at one point very seriously offered to be a surrogate for my partner and I. My roommate, who introduced us, and her fiancé are more like family members that by some strange accident happened to be born to different family. This is why I directed the rage here, instead of at them lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I can really relate to where you are at the moment. I too look at my 280g inwall tank, and get irritated by the internal overflows (for one) - such an irritating story too about why this tank has internal overflows rather than an external (short version is the tank builder didn't want to do it because he's lazy, and apparently I'm not very good at arguments or persuasion - just ask my kids and actually I'm just sort of starting to get angry now so maybe Immachangethesubjectnowmmmmk). Anyhow. It might be better to consider replacing the glass box at some point, if staying in the hobby is something you decide to do). Anyhow, I can relate, I have some major decisions to make myself and I'm sort of torn between the options. 2015 could be an interesting year.

Good luck whatever you decide.
If I keep this tank, the internal overflows are going. I can't stand them. More than anything else about the tank I wish I had never done them. I can say with certainty that if the box comes out of the wall, it's not going back in (both my partner and I have at times lost patience with how much of my time and money this thing consumes), but if I'm not involving a finishing carpenter, draining it and re-doing the insides are something I'd consider.

I a) want to get rid of 95% of the monitpora capricornis in the tank, b) want to buff out these scratches, c) get rid of the internal overflows and replace them with a coast to coast, and d) *may* want to nuke all my rocks to get rid of valonia, caulerpa, and aiptasia once and for all, but my rocks are soooooooo lush with sponges, wild mussels (like legit tiny muscles/clam/oyster things that seem to be reproducing in my tank), coraline and all sorts of other amazing things it might not be worth it.

Lots to do that will be lots of fun, but yah... if it gets to the point of removing the box from the wall altogether, I'll probably be out of the hobby for a few years.