View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 02:11 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Unfortunate, but perhaps a lesson learned. May not be feasible or convenient for folks with in wall tanks that are not easily accessible, but personally the only time my cleaning magnet is in the tank, is when I'm using it. Once done, the thing is outta there. Main reason for me is I kind of think the abrasive side loses much of it's cleaning capability by being squished against the glass 24/7/365. Also fortunate in that my daughter & son in law take care of things when I'm away for more than a few days. Daughter was very distraught on one occasion when she broke off a piece of coral that had grown too close to the glass with the magnet. Told her not to worry, it happens, have done it myself. Will grow back, there are worse things that could happen to my house while I'm gone! Scratched glass definitely sucks though, I can relate. Maybe another solution would be to raise the sand bed a bit to cover the scratched areas?

Last edited by mike31154; 02-03-2015 at 02:13 PM.