Thread: UPS SUCKS
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 10:55 AM

theokie is on a distinguished road

I just went thru a new round of headaches with UPS and found a few key points after talking to 4 different call center reps.

If the parcel is addressed to my house, they will not hold for pickup, even if its labelled hold for pickup, they must attempt a first delivery, it is their policy.

If you address it to a customer care center, to be held for pickup, you are unable to change anything, as you are no longer the primary account holder for the address, so no address changes, no rescheduled delivery. As in order to change delivery you would need the yellow door tag, which you won't have if you had it held for pickup, a major catch-22

You can't address a shipment to two names, ie. spouses, so that someone will be able to grab your, hold for pickup parcel, if you are unable to... Then you can't change the name as you don't have your yellow tag, and once its held even the shipper can't modify it.

Luckily the customer care centre on the south side was a bit understanding when my other half showed up with my tracking number, my passport and our marriage certificate, as the call centre people told me "no" I'm the only one that can pick up... luckily the guy at the counter recognized my name, and that my box was perishable, and let my other half pick it up, as I'm stuck up north.

Lucky for me, Isabelle at Canada Corals packs very well, two heat packs, and lots of insulation, and it being incredible warm for january, as two days later I'm told via skype that the corals arrived fine and are looking happy as corals in my acclimation tank.

A tidbit of info I did get from the call centre people, if I address the package as the name of a business, anyone with the tracking number and ID can pick it up.