View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 08:15 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hiya

Good points and I am more than willing to be fully open on this.

First the history - We Only bring in products we do not have to worry about having lost sleep over, a family business that does not bring in any old product just to make a fast buck! I respect that life has given me this option to pick and choose.

About 5 years ago I contacted Jabao in regards to all their product line, was sent samples etc etc, none came close to what we had hoped, one was an micro tank.

I was contacted again when the WP came out but I simply could not put my company name to a company that blatantly copied another design switched names etc, as i said above we are not a company that is out just to make a fast buck, support, client care, and ethics run very high. Jabao was getting so much bad press I really did not want to be associated with it, I also did not feel I could assure its quality.

It also was not a company we could have any exclusive over they would sell to anyone including end users. This makes distribution on all fronts a nightmare, for example investing $25k in a shipment only to find a basement op buying 10 and selling at 10% margin. Distribution is not free So the risks were just too great with the product putting aside the ethical points.

Did we lose out? Maybe, but I can sleep happy with my choice and happy to have my reputation associated with some of the largest and most respected names in the industry.

After sales and client care are 100% important to us before anything else (ask people who have dealt with us), I personally work 7 days a week supporting end users by email and phone no one goes waiting more than a few hours, we are always on hand, I dont know a single other distributor with that level of care. So we have to be careful what products we carry so we are not bogged down.. We are responsible for what we import so if something feels off we will not go down that road, we do not want you the end user hit. Sometimes we miss out yes, but I can live with that.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 01-12-2015 at 08:18 PM.