View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 06:59 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

I think like most of us reef junkies I have tried almost all of the different types of water movement pumps including the gyre. Imo gyre is one of those innovations that propels this hobby forward and revolutionize the way we view different types of current in our reef tanks.

I have my on the back panel and it's as discrete as it can be and at 40 percent it moves a lot of water, and as described it creates a gyre effect. My buddy wheel man who has his gyre mounted on the side and to be honest with you its really not as intrusive as one might think. And as for the flow if you run it at a hundred percent is will have enough power to create the gyre effect even it's heavily stocked with corals and live rock or in your case overflow box.

Now, the ugly...noise is a factor but it's mixed review. Some good some bad and some just down right unbareable. I am the latter. Dissembly will need extra attention as several reviews reported broken pieces while trying to take it apart, however, it does come with spares.

The last question for me is longevity, but obviously we will have to find that out in the future.

I hope this helps
Rich

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013