View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 04:41 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

It's purposely an obtuse process to discourage full participation in the rebate program. The irksome thing is that the price advertised is deceptive. As stated already, it has always been this way (what's new for me is the "one per person" limit - before, I would send in multiple applications one for my home, one for my parents house, etc. - but you can't even do that now, unless you're OK with having it addressed to a different name).

But even being status quo, maybe we really should take a few minutes to communicate that we don't approve. Frankly, the $35 price for me is not bad. If they just advertised it as "$35, or $25 after rebates, conditions apply", I might actually be less offended by this. Ok fine, they'll mail me ONE cheque for $10 as a "thank you for buying our salt." I'd be cool with that. But don't tell me the price per pail is $25 when it very clearly isn't.

Actually the pallet idea is, quite frankly, a much better option. We should make it a Canreef thing to do this on a regular basis, for those that don't already have good access to reasonably priced salt. I, for one, would not miss battling the Boxing Day crowds and overall madness..