View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 02:09 PM

target is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easto View Post
This is what I have:

75 Gal Display
40 Gal Sump (still need to pick up)
Mag 9 return pump (still need to pick up)
2 x Kessil A350W
BRS Dual Reactor
4 Stage Ro/DI unit
Vertex 130 Protein Skimmer
Vertex Refractometer
Pukani Rock

I need to build a stand and start to plum everything. I just want to make sure I have everything all figured out.

I was going to do a Herbie overflow, but then I discovered the BeanAnimal. Unless someone convinces me otherwise I think I will go with the BeanAnimal.

This is what I need to figure out (recommendations):

1. Size of the internal overflow

2. Bulkhead size

3.Plumbing PVC size

4. On the The Open Channel standpipe - what's the piece called that's drilled into the top with the airline hose attached? I just need to know what to look for at the hardware store.

5. Sump baffles: Can I use plexiglass and silicone them in or do they need to be glass?

6. ???? I am sure I am forgetting some more stuff and they will pop up as soon as I read a reply or two.

Bean animal is great. I installed it on my tank and couldn't be happier with it.

1. My internal overflow is 5"x4" (I'll double check when I get home)

2. I followed the recommendations from Bean animal and went with 1" bulkheads. http://www.beananimal.com/projects/s...ow-system.aspx

3. All the overflow plumbing after the bulkheads is 1.5" PVC. All the return plumbing is 1" PVC

4. The piece at the top is the john guest fitting. There's a picture in the link above that shows it's full name.

5. Definitely go with glass. You are going to need glass for the overflow box anyways, and its all straight simple cuts for a shop to do.

6. I highly recommend using a knife gate valve on the full siphon. It will let you fine tune your system over a wide range of flows. The plumbing sizes I used will easily be able to handle the flow from your pump.

Here's a shot of my tank fully plumbed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plumbing.jpg (22.9 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by target; 01-06-2015 at 02:15 PM.