View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 01:33 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
You might want to wait for temperatures to rise (February?) and re-acid bath. That's going to take months to cycle IMO.

Bblinks is dead on: "Acid dipping is necessary due to the left over organics in the rock which will cause a phosphate spike even long after the tank has been cycled."
Arghh.....months to cycle? What connection does po4 have to the nitrogen cycle?

No offense but I don't agree with this at all..... seems to me people are getting scared into doing this process a lot more lately with poor information so much to the poont where now were saying it has to be done or the tank is doomed to live a never ending cycle lol if this is the case then why is my tank and others running with 100% pukani and no acid bath and no curing....and as of my Sunday test just past still no no3 or po4?

I keep asking this yet those who like to argue it don't answer lol

Stripping the rock of its po4 layer will help with your po4 battle no doubt about it , no3 does not bind it is 100% soluable. So there's only so much po4 in the rock , whether you export it now or later doesn't mean you won't have po4 issues though lol a lot will come down to how your setup and how you export po4 On any given day.

A person can cure the Dickinson out of the rock and still have huge po4 issues , the same way a guy using all liverock can

Simply because.....po4 does not end on the stone , it's imported and exported daily and always will as this is a closed system .

I do get a good chuckle watching all this though so continue on