View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 02:38 AM

Trevor W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2o2 View Post
JLs can still order u those Hamiltons as Jeff just brought the Bimini 150 w DE in for me for my nano that I am building . Its says backorder so they don't carry the inventory
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo View Post
If what they say is true about the phoenix bulbs I wouldn't be making any long term decisions based on them. I quite like my LumenMax 3s which I have been using for several years but lately I've been wishing I had 2s so that I could try out Radium bulbs.
Yea I was really leaning towards mogul based reflectors so that I could try a wider variety of bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimT View Post
Here is an article on some reflectors.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2009/1/review

I use both the LumenArc 3 and the LumenBright 3 in 4' wide tanks. I prefer the LumenArc 3 as the spread is better. If I was doing a 3' x 2' tank I would do a 400 se in a LumenArc 3 with a couple of T5HO or LED strips at 24" above tank.

The ReefBrite Hybrid looks interesting as well but I don't think you would get enough spread for a 36" long tank with a single one. I think 2 x 250w would work well in that tank but it depends on your budget and monthly power bill etc.

Cheers,
Tim
Thanks for the link. I have seen lots about the LumenArc and LumenBright reflectors but have yet to find somewhere that supplies them in Canada.

The Reefbrite hybrids are really nice fixtures!