View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 10:31 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Well I decided to remove some clutter from my tank. Out with the 5 Tunzes I had in there.

I bought 2 of the Maxspect Gyres. Pretty cool and really happy with how compact they are. Unfortunatley one of them was defective so I only have one running at the moment until I can get parts or a replacement.

I like that they can be placed so high to the water line as they do
not stick out like a sore thumb like most of the un-natural looking things we put in our tanks for flow etc. So my hatred of cords in a tank is'nt so bad as it's not too easily seen The magnets are fairly strong and the pump does'nt move around at all and no rattling like I had with the Vortechs when out of alignment. I also ike that the cages can be moved to direct flow. Coming with an extra set of propellors is also a bonus. Only complaint is the fancy packaging, could of went with a basic cardboard box to keep costs down and price too.

I'm running the one I have right now at 100% and yes it is a little noisy but not near as bad the Vortechs I once had. Running at it's highest power is necessary right now and i'm glad I went with 2 as this single one is not as much flow as i'd like. The reverse on the Gyres are pretty weak. But over all i'm happy with my decision to go with the Gyres. I can't wait to have them both running together.
More of a Gyre opinion than a tank update but i'm waiting for the 2015 Tank pic thread to open to add a pic.