View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 08:09 PM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

I picked up 9 dispars a week ago and have them in quarantine. Actually turns out 3 of them are ignitus ,which is pretty common from what I've read because they are often collected together because they look so similar. It's harder to sex the males and females when they are on the smaller side , so I'm pretty sure I have 1 male dispar and 5 females. I'm hoping all the ignitus are female but I think one might be a male also. From what I've read it's fairly common that Anthias have flukes so I did a freshwater dip before adding them to quarantine. They all started eating the first day and eat everything I put in the tank. I feed them frozen cyclopeeze , frozen spirulina brine , and Docs Eco eggs. I've read that they like a fair amount of flow , especially when feeding. They like to chase the food around and it helps when it's moving around fast simulating live food. I've also been feeding them 4 times a day and so far everyone is doing great. I started a prazi pro treatment 2 days ago and will follow with a prophylactic chloroquine phosphate treatment for ich.