View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 04:30 PM

DSlater is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
I am not disappointed with my checkers as I did read/watch some youtube reviews before ordering mine and all the reviews stated it only came with 6 test packets.

My real concern is over the long term use and how to clean the little glass vials so they don't give false readings in the future. Will PO4 build up over time in the glass vial and mess up future readings?

There is a warning somewhere that if you leave the reagent in the vial it can stain, rinse it out right after testing.
Also, I think you set the baseline for the test when you put just water in first and the meter measures the difference in water colour after you add the reagent(more PO4=more blue). I've heard that some people use both vials for one test and premix the reagent in one of the vials. This could give you bad readings as the test kit ages and vials stain blue at different rates.

I have also bought some reagent that gave me 0.00 readings. I was ecstatic until I tested with another box bought from a different store that read 0.10 and 0.08 on each tank.