View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 07:21 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
nice to hear a positive update adam! hopefully the new year is going to return the tank to its former glory. i still think your colours are really nice i wish i could match them.
Thanks, we'll see if this continues. I can't keep the chems stable for the life of me and am out of town for the next week. Tested everything on Thursday before I left and dKH was down to 5.2, from the mid 7's on Saturday. Calcium seems to have stabilized around 400, but alk is plummeting like a stone now. I'm worried I'm seeing the effects of a precipitation reaction, but it doesn't seem like my levels of either are high enough for that to be happening.

*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Looking good Adam! How's my frag doing that you've been holding for me ?

Seriously though, you may be onto something about that cap. My cap totally took over as well during my last round of issues and I totally think it crashed the Alk by agressivly consuming it!
All that's left of that colony you liked are those two frags on the sand. I'm hoping they make it as I've never seen it for sale anywhere else before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeallisonn View Post
Just felt you should know that I spent the better part of my day at work today reading this entire thread. Love the tank..and its ridiculous how big your cow fish is getting! Still praying to god that I never have to deal with ich issues like yours.

I just bought myself a Radion so I'm glad to see you've been having success with yours. Out of curiosity, could I bug you to post your daily schedule from Ecosmart Live?
Thanks! and I'm still rocking the gen 1s, they've been pretty good to me. I would love to upgrade, but I don't love the idea of spending the equivalent of a decent car on this particular tank again.

If you pm me your e-mail address I can send you the schedule I use, but it's set for the diode colours in the gen 1 radion.