Thread: 120 in the Wall
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 05:14 PM

Wildechild_01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I think the most cost effective would be to use some sort of a two part system controlled by dosers. I tried looking around but didn't see anything in regards to an aquarium comp, are you using any?
I am not currently running any form of aquarium monitoring equipment if that's what you mean. It is something I have considered a few times just never actually gotten around to researching and justifying cost to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
For example I'm using apex which does the monitoring and in that I have two dosing pumps from BRS and they dose alk and ca.
Does this monitor your Ca and Alk and dose as required? Because that would be kind of awesome... provided it works properly.

Also just reading on the DOS as well and that looks pretty crazy awesome..... hmmmm.... looks like i need to ask for cash for christmas so i can spend it on the reef.

Okay next item. Currently my Ca is lower than I feel it should be (360ppm @7dKH) which would explain why my corals are just kind of hanging out as opposed to growing like the used to, and the lack of Coralline growth as well

My thought is that I should go ahead and pick a product for my 2 part dosing and manually bring things up to where i want them and continue with the manual until I sort out lighting options and get around to adding more corals at which point i will need to set up the automated dosing since the tank will likely require daily dosing at that point.

Thoughts? Ideas? Product recommendations?