View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 06:34 PM

hfp75 is on a distinguished road
Default update....

Good Advise Denny!!!

Used an old API Ph test and the Tap water came back at 7.8'ish and the Apex reported it at 9+

So, I dug around and found a Ph calibration 4 & 10 set and recalibrated and it was the Apex... totally weird as nothing there changed, it started reporting new numbers after the water change I did yesterday (which was small). I should have though of that sooner.

Needless to say my tank was reading 7.1 (ouch) I have started adding buffer and ALK to get things balanced up somewhat... not to fast not to slow.

At the same time I have a 25% water change on the way, and will do another right after. Ill try to add buffer/Alk & raise things up a bit here and just let the changes do the rest. I hate adding and manipulating this tank as I think it being left alone is the most reliable....

I'll test my Ph on the new H2o before I change it in/out.

I am most frustrated with my Apex Ph probe.... I'll fix this Ph problem but any ideas why the apex would uncalibrate like that?

So, Ill add that it is probably not the IO Reef Crystals at this point... Yes my IO R.C. were from the B.A. boxing day sale in 2013....