View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 04:09 AM

reefwithareefer is on a distinguished road
Default Really?

Easy to say, hire someone else.. Obviously some people have never owned a small business, nevermind a LFS. If it was so easy, everyone would be doing it.

I just started to goto Oceanic last year. At first I was a lil ticked that I went there a few times and it was closed. Then I talked to Paul and Albert, got their numbers and now I just call before leaving and usually they would open up or give me a time that they would be there.
Is it as good as always being there? No it is not, but it is not so bad as they sell quality stuff and it is not out in Burnaby.

If everyone shops there, I would assume it would grow to where there could be a bigger selection etc. Instead, everyone expects to be treated like they are the only ones who matter. I say support small local businesses and you will not have to deal with places like Petsmart or Petlovers.

No I am not a "best Buddy" of Pauls or Alberts, Just a guy who is not so impatient. I prefer to deal with people who are passionate enough about a hobby that they took a risk to open up a store, because there are none locally.