View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 02:46 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Anyone close to the USA border (Fraser Valley), with a major city to the south should be able to pick up a whack of OTA HD programming with a decent antenna on the roof. It's free! Granted there are commercials on all channels except perhaps PBS if you can pull that in, but the basic cable programming has commercials too & you're paying extra for that garbage. Honestly can't understand anyone in a place like greater Vancouver or Toronto so close to the border paying for cable. I suppose if money is no object..... but I'm on a fixed income & cost of everything keeps rising.

I have a HomeWorx box with amplified rabbit ear antenna & am able to pick up the OTA HD channels transmitted in Vernon. Too far away from major cities or US border to get anything else, so roof top antenna won't help in my case. I'll need to get a new TV or some other device that is Netflix capable for more programming options. I enjoy soccer, so I'm knackered in that regard. All I can do is stream the games on my notebook after they've been played, but better than nothing & also better than to continue paying corporate cable TV providers that don't listen to the requests of their customers.

Last edited by mike31154; 09-16-2014 at 02:49 PM.