View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 05:05 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottafindnemo View Post
Well then! Good to know haha is there a general rule of thumb for cuc? Or just whatever works type thing lol

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Short answer is no. It depends on what you keep, feed, maintenance habits,etc. there are stores that sell packages for certain sized tanks but they are usually pretty excessive. I would see if what you have now does the trick after a couple weeks. If you are getting dead snails or empty shells your crew is probably too big, if they don't seem to be able to keep up then add a few more snails or hermit crabs. Also research the snails as certain ones take care of certain areas such as some sift sand while others clean rocks. Get the type that your tank seems to be lacking in. My cleaner shrimp is really good at grabbing all the excess food that the fishes miss and I recommend one for this reason but are helpful to the fish and very entertaining as well. Serpent or brittle stars are good at getting under the rocks to clean (don't get a green brittle star as they can be predatory). I would also avoid sand sifting star fish as they need an established sand bed and usually starve in newer or small tanks.