View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Well, I dont' want 4000gph, 3000 is pushing it. I don't care about wirelessly communicating, I use mine on Apex with a cable I just bought. If one of my WP pumps dies, I want to replace it with the same thing. It's a matched set Flow width is silly, I just want water moving. They are $10 more.

Now, if I were buying all new stuff, sure, I'd go with the latest. But I went with the last last season, so it would be nice to be able to get the same stuff. Oh, cost wise, I can buy the WP40 for 60 bucks without the controller I don't need. Gooder deal still.

Ok so you don't want 4000gph , that's why they have a controllable speed , and I'm sure most people would prefer to have the extra power if they want it ,and turn it down if they dont , while maybe extending the life of the pump running it at a lower speed.

That's a great way of running them through the apex with the cable , but I would bet most people run them with the controller and having the option of them communicating together like a vortech mp , is a pretty cool option.

Flow width is silly? That comment has to be one of the silliest things I have ever heard. Wider flow covers more area on either side of the powerhead , and also allows for easier placement without having to worry about blowing the skin off your acro's