View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 06:58 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

I've been following this thread as well and trying to mash my way through the Taiwanese thread with my sub-par Chinese skills (it's good practice though!). I think it's pretty cool.

I love how people are skeptical of this idea because, really, if you are worth your salt in this hobby (Hey Denny, see what I did there? ) you should very quickly recognize that he's just carbon dosing with mixed sugars and adding aminos but from an unconventional source. What I find amusing is that people are skeptical of a guy who is carbon dosing and adding aminos from source where he, more or less, knows exactly what is going into the tank (which is from a natural source to boot), and yet the skeptics are probably the same people shelling over handfuls of money for every ZeoVit additive and biopellet under the sun but without a single clue as to what they are actually adding to their tanks... ''¡MIND BLOWN! His comment that it can be dangerous if too much is added is quite cryptic and without explanation but really it's the same thing we all know: nothing good happens fast in a tank. Take a look at how many people have crashed tanks by adding too many biopellets or by adding too much vodka too quickly... Same deal with milk and honey!

Personally, I think I might give this a go and try it out for myself. I currently give very few ****s about my tanks in their current state, so either milk and honey dosing will turn them around for the better or give me an excuse to start over. I need to make sure I'm translating his instructions properly first though - I want to make sure I'm doing it properly so I can milk this experiment for all it's worth...