View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Yah that's the thing with this stuff, I've done all of that. I've done black out, I've done black out plus chemi-clean, I've done just chemi-clean (multiple times), I've done spot treatments with hydrogen peroxide, I've done whole system dosing with peroxide, I've changed flow patterns (I have this stuff growing on the screen plate of my vortech's at times, it's not a flow issue), I've done massive sand vacuuming, I've done manual removal (my tank requires a ladder to work in, not my favourite thing to do let me tell you), I've turkey bastered my rocks every day, I've starved my fish, I've wet skim, dry skim, and I'm presently spending an insane amount of money on Rowa-phos and changing it out every week.

The best I can get is a 2 week reprieve. It always comes back, and it comes back everywhere. It eventually reaches a point where I have to intervene because it damages corals, but it feels like that just sets up the cycle again.

If it was just cyano, I could probably deal with it, but the cyano LOVES the aiptasia. It's like the little aiptasia gardens create the perfect micro conditions for cyano, and you can never get at all of it, around the base of the anemones is the first place it comes back, it's like the two feed each other.

and all the while, many of my corals are looking the best they've ever looked. All the places they had died, I cut them back, and all the places I cut them back have erupted in multiple growth tips, so their colours are more concentrated and vibrant than ever.