View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 11:45 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I'm about to cancel, just waiting for the World Cup to end. I'll be calling Shaw shortly so my next bill is for internet only. It's the only bill I have that takes money a month in advance, before actually providing the service. How do they even get away with that?

I recently purchased a HomeWorX box which has an ATSC tuner since my older TV does not have an internal ATSC tuner. Only two over the air HD channels available here, but I don't care. I'll be fine with the local channels & news and get everything else via the net.

So tired of paying for basic cable & being charged for watching garbage TV laced with advertising. I'd love the ability to pick & choose a few channels as well, but none of the big providers work that way. You have pay for the basic crap & extra for the channels worth watching. I wonder who actually watches all the nonsense offered up these days as entertainment. Reality shows? Get out of the house, there's plenty of reality out there for free. Hopefully the trend of cancellations will continue & they get a wake up call. They've had it too good for too long. Heck, Shaw owns at least one network & I assume Bell owns a few of their own. No idea about Telus.