View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 03:08 PM

Baker is on a distinguished road
Default Wow, lesson learnt.

So last night I learned a lesson. I washed my filter socks with a load of laundry which I have done before. It just so happened that it was a larger load and I just put the socks on top. Big mistake! Not thinking anything of it, I pulled my other socks and put the "washed" ones in. We'll next thing I know, my skimmer is producing soap bubbles like crazy and all my corals immediately closed up and most LPS started to look like it was melting. Of course I started to freak out. With a couple thousand worth of coral in this tank I was thinking I was going to lose it all. Luckily I had a bucket of water so I immediately mixed some salt and did a water change. I filled the reactor with fresh carbon and rowaphos. Started the system back up with the socks pulled out. Within an hour or so I started to see things open up again. Crisis averted. I guess the machine didn't wash out all the soap. So now I have a question, how do you guys wash your socks? I was thinking about hand washing but that's a pain in the a**.