View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:05 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, doesn't seem like anyone likes my skimmer Oh well...

Started on my rock work yesterday. Got some acrylic rod and a couple sheets for bases. The plan was for 2 pillars and an archway to the floating rock on the back right of the tank. But after looking at it for a bit, I decided that the rock work glued to the left side on the tank to hide the overflow gives the look of one pillar already. So I decided to just make 1 more pillar and 1 arch.
I'm not really happy with my arch - I may scrap the idea but would like some opinions.

Turns out the piece is too heavy for me to get into my tank by myself. I have to wait and see if I can get a buddy over to help me lift it in there. Meanwhile, it sits on a TV table beside the couch.

The Arch - It's not finished, I have a bunch of rock rubble I will be fitting in between the rocks to make it look like one piece instead of a bunch of rocks stacked together.

And and end view...

The tank is 24" front to back, I want to avoid the mistake I made on my current tank of too much rock and rock too close to the glass. As well I still have 1 or 2 large pieces of rock I'll with stack against the base of the arch, or sit in the front right corner so there isn't quite so much negative space.