View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 10:21 PM

clownin about is on a distinguished road
Default A little update.

Just a few new photos, everything is still working properly. We did have a small earthquake and other than the odd sensation of movement it was the tank that let me know something wasn't quite right. I intentionally kept the waterline at 2.5 inches below the rim (most rimless are around 1 inch) for this very reason & it was a good call. The water just about sloshed over the rim but didn't quite make it (whew!).
I still need to do a better (prettier?) job with the corner on my aluminum shade, but as everything is functioning as intended I've gotten a little lazy & just left it for now. Two of the photos show a birch panel at the base of the tank, this was part of the canopy from my previous 120gal. I was thinking of finding some strong magnets (where?!) that I could use to affix the panel(s) to the steel base of the tank stand for a different look. The panels would essentially cover the sump which is currently in full view, I think it looks fine as is. Just thought it would be nice to find some use for the old canopy. In the photo(s) the panel is just leaning against the stand as an example & is not perfectly aligned as there is a gap at the top.

Last edited by WarDog; 02-29-2016 at 04:52 AM.