View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 04:24 PM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

He's about 3.5" now teardrop is still just a dot. I mentioned what fish I have above. Chevron tang is the only large fish. Had him since 2007/2008.

I am well aware of the surge. I think the new tank will probably have to go more in an SPS direction as LPS which I normally keep won't do as well in the flow. I use WP 40's which I was very skeptical of, but even excluding the price factor I think they provide better flow then vorechs.

3 WP 40's will provide over 12000gph plus I have some tunze powerheads as well. The WPs will be on wave function. I use one in the QT tank the achilles is currently in and one side of the tank always has salt creep because the powerhead is blowing water right out of the tank. I had to go with the shorter waves and slightly lower the water level to keep most of it in.

I did do a lot of research before buying the fish. While I had heard some people say they need 8 feet. MOST places suggest 180. I know minimum is minimum but that's what I thought. It would be good enough if the tank is planned around him. I knew I wanted to move my current DT off the carpet so getting a 180 now would be easy. I have extra rock in a barrel ready to go ect. My skimmer can handle the load and so forth. Now I've got guys suggested I take out the windows in my basement to get an 8 foot tank down there since one won't fit down the stairs despite the fact I have an impending move. If I was going to be that crazy I'd just buy him a plane ticket and send him along with a donation to the Waikiki Aquarium since he can never go back to the wild.

I guess I can still get the 180, see what happens since I will be tearing it down once again anyway, getting him out wont be an issue. Given the amount of losses people have with this fish I'm actually surprised he is doing so well.