View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 02:45 AM

hfp75 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimT View Post
I just use Foz Down... Phosphates gone immediately. No muss no fuss.

Foz Down is lanthanum chloride and a buffer. It binds to P04 and then it settles in your tank, on your sand and on your rocks. If you want to use this stuff then you need to VERY slowly dose it into a really fine filter sock in hopes that your sock will grab it once it has bound to the P04 but not to fast or the unbound lanthanum chloride leaves the sock, binds in the system & settles. If you just dose it and don't remove the waist (the bound P04 + lanthanum chloride) via a filter sock, the P04 is not out of your system. When it eventually unbinds from the lanthanum chloride it is back in your system. It also has some bad side effects if you accidentally dose to much...

If you want to cook some rock with it go for it. Once it has cooked you need to really wash off the rocks before they go into your system.

RowaPhos removes phosphates (P04)........... it is very simple people. I have tried the economy HC-GFO and it didnt work at all..... I was using a Hanna P04 tester and tested the in and the out of the reactor... I use Rowa and that is it!!! My P04 is 0.09 cause I want it between 0.05 and 0.1

Last edited by hfp75; 05-06-2014 at 02:55 AM.