View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 12:17 PM

MMAX is on a distinguished road

Just a little wrap up to this story...

I filed a claim for insurance. So I wait,and wait and wait checking my mailbox everyday for the cheque. Nothing. In the meantime, the sporting store called and said they received my jacket finally and asked what I wanted to do with it. I said I didn't want it and told them I'm waiting for my claim money. So, still nothing in the way of any money ever came in. Called the UPS hotline and they said that since the store received the jacket, I don't get my claim. Called the sporting store who put me in touch with the investigator. Sent me directly to the UPS store I sent the package from and same story. Claim cheque came in but it was destroyed because the package was found. The investigator kept on working on this and then the story came out...he had told the sporting store to get rid of the coat, donate it to charity or whatever. Investigator wanted to give me $200 right there to just go away. I said no way. After some grumbling about this money coming out of his own pocket, he agreed to pay me the $400. So I wait some more and he finally calls. The sporting store still has the jacket, the claim cheque was destroyed, the package was delivered and there's nothing UPS can do. Called the sporting store and they're going to try to help me out...store credit. This is one sh*t storm I hope nobody has to go through. F'n joke.