View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:51 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Oh Wavebox how I have missed you! I had an old Tunze Wavebox that I had traded to a customer, then he brought it back as "it didn't work"....well I didn't doubt him and put it away for a few years.....yesterday I dragged it out to figure out what was wrong...and NOTHING was!!!!!! So I put the Tunze Wavebox in the tank today.....and WOW the flow is so nice!!! I have 3 Vortech MP40 in there but I was lacking the random flow...now it's back and it's fantastic! I have also thinned out the coral quite a bit as the Vlaminigi Tang breaks EVERYTHING and we had a mishap and lost several SPS colonies...think it was the salt change (Oops). All levels are stable now, we're going to hook up the calcium reactor again and use Brightwell NeoMag in the reactor....back to basics and a bit of old school!

Fish List currently;

1 Vlamingi Tang (XL)
1 Blonde Naso Tang
1 Sailfin Tang
1 Purple Tang
4 Yellow Tang
1 Scopas x Yellow Tang
1 Regal Tang
1 Orange Shoulder Tang
1 Striated Bristletooth Tang (I hate this fish)
1 Foxface (the one that stung me...OUCH)
1 Potters Angel
1 Sixline Wrasse
1 Rhomboid Wrasse
1 Black Blenny
2 Premium Picasso Clownfish
1 Target Spot Mandarin (M)
1 Diamond Goby
1 Golden Dwarf Moray Eel

Sadly our 3 Hawaiian Flame Wrasse were killed by the Sixline Wrasse (NEVER EVER will I own one again....and I know what they're like but a good customer gave him to us in the hopes we'd keep him...*sigh*)...we've lost a Yellow Tang which I believe was cyanide caught as he never gained weight and was also sunken in the tummy, Tennenti Tang and the GORGEOUS Maculiceps Tang......but that's our losses.....

We do have 2-4 Pearlscale Butterflies intended for the tank to control aiptasia plus a Filefish.....so those additions will happen once the Butterflies are out of QT. Otherwise, no changes have been made...and once it's growing well again I will post a pic....it's still a nice looking tank but whatever happened was nasty! We lost lots