View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 12:51 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Vacuuming your sand bed used to be common practice until the DSB sand bed craze/fad started, now 15 years later we are wondering if it is OK to vacuum again. generally I feel that if you have a shallow sand bed vacuum away (1" or less) if you have a deep one and haven't vacuumed be for be car full as you could release pockets of nasties that can with out your tank. if you have a deep one you have to vacuum regularly to prevent these pockets for forming (as in weekly)

as for the argument that it is taking stuff away from our sand bed that needs to be there for the bio diversity of a functioning sand bed, thats a bunch of bunk, there is no way a hobbyist can create a fully functioning DSB as we cannot support the biodiversity required for it to work properly.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.